Sodium Benzoate Powder
Product Code : 03
- Chemical Name
- Sodium Benzoate Powder
Sodium Benzoate Powder is the sodium salt of benzoic acid and commonly used as a preservative in acidic foods. Under acidic conditions, this product retards the growth of becteria and fungi.
- Molar mass : 144.11 g/mol
- Chemical formula : C7H5NaO2
- CAS NO : 532-32-1
- Appearance : White powder
- Solubility : Soluble in liquid ammonia, pyridine, water.
- ChemSpider : 10305
- S-phrases : S26
- Act as preservative in medicines & cosmetics.
- Used as a food additive & preservative
- Used to treat urea cycle disorders & hyperammonemia.
- Used in fireworks as a fuel
|Test Parameters ||Standard Specification ||Observation ||Result |
|Description ||White or colorless crystalline powder ||White or colorless crystalline powder ||Passes the test |
|Assay (On dried Basis) ||NLT 98.5.0% ||NLT 98.98% ||Complied |
|PH (5% Sol.) ||6.5 to 8 ||7.2 ||Complied |
|Solubility ||Soluble in Water ||Soluble in Water ||Passes the test |
|Loss on drying(at 110°C) ||1.5% ||0.078% ||Complied |
|Chloride(Cl) ||Max.0.01% ||<0.01% ||Complied |
|Heavy Metals(Pb) ||Max. 0.001% ||<0.001% ||Complied |
|Sulphate(SO4) ||Max. 0.02% ||<0.02% ||Complied |
- Payment Terms
- Main Export Market(s)
- Africa, Middle East, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, South America, North America, Central America, Australia, Asia
- Main Domestic Market
- West Bengal, Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, Tripura, Telangana, Tamil Nadu, Sikkim, Rajasthan, Pondicherry, Punjab, Odisha, Nagaland, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Lakshadweep, Kerala, Karnataka, Jharkhand, Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Haryana, Goa, Gujarat, Daman and Diu, Dadra and Nagar Haveli, Delhi, Chandigarh, Chhattisgarh, Bihar, Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Andhra Pradesh, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, West India, East India, North India, Central India, South India, All India,
- ISO CERTIFIED