We have been serving our respected clients for the past 35 years by making a wide range of chemicals. Having said that, we are engaged in formulating highest quality Ammonium Formate. It has the chemical formula of NH4HCO2 and its molar mass is 63 g/mol. Being an ammonium salt of formic acid, this compound is available as colorless, crystalline, and hygroscopic solid. It is primarily used in industries for various purposes. Upon heating, this compound releases water and thereby forms formamide. Moreover, upon reacting with a dilute acid, Ammonium Formate forms formic acid which can be used for various other purposes. It can be availed from us in different packaging quantities as per requirements.
Ammonium Formate is the ammonium salt of formic acid. It is a crystalline solid which is colorless and hygroscopic.
Properties of Ammonium Formate:-
- Synonym : Formic acid ammonium salt
- IUPAC Name : Ammonium formate
- Chemical Formula : CH5NO2
- Linear Formula : HCO2NH4
- CAS NO : 540-69-2
- EC NO : 208-753-9
- Pubchem CID : 272392
- pH : 6 to 7
- Molar Mass : 63.06 g/mol
- Appearance : White monoclinic crystals
- Aroma : Slightly ammoniac
- Solubility : Sinks & mixex slowly with water.
- Primary use in industry, as it decomposes into formamide and water when heated.
- Used in palladium on carbon reduction of functional groups.
- Ammonium formate is used as a laboratory reagent.
|Test parameters ||Standard specification ||Observation ||Result |
|Description ||WHITE CRYSTALLINE POWDER ||WHITE CRYSTALLINE POWDER ||Passes the test |
|Assay (By Titration Method) ||Min.98.0% ||98.55% ||Complied |
|Water Content ||Max. 2.00% W/W ||0.5% ||Complied |
|PH (5% Sol.) ||5.5 â€“ 6.5 ||6.05 ||Passes the test |
|Identification of Formate test ||To passes the test ||To passes the test ||Passes the test |