Ammonium Formate is the ammonium salt of formic acid. It is a crystalline solid which is colorless and hygroscopic.
- Synonym : Formic acid ammonium salt
- IUPAC Name : Ammonium formate
- Chemical Formula : CH5NO2
- Linear Formula : HCO2NH4
- CAS NO : 540-69-2
- EC NO : 208-753-9
- Pubchem CID : 272392
- pH : 6 to 7
- Molar Mass : 63.06 g/mol
- Appearance : White monoclinic crystals
- Aroma : Slightly ammoniac
- Solubility : Sinks & mixex slowly with water.
- Primary use in industry, as it decomposes into formamide and water when heated.
- Used in palladium on carbon reduction of functional groups.
- Ammonium formate is used as a laboratory reagent.